Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Chair Project



I have been wanting some wing back chairs for awhile now, but I have bee waiting for the right chairs at the right price! Well, yesterday a fried from church sent me a message that she may have found them... And, she did! I bought the pair of chairs off craigslist for $35. The cushions, foam, and frame are in great condition so they're perfect for my re-covering project! I have never recovered anything, so I am hoping I didn't get myself into more than I can handle! However, I am anxious to dig in and see what I can do! Here are the chairs -- Basic (Which is good for me I didn't want to have to try to figure out buttons or any kind of fancy back for my first project!) They are also a little on the small side which I also like!



So, Here is the inspiration...Thank You Pinterest!
Here is what I am going for... New printed fabric on the old design chair

Here's another idea -- Zebra Print
 Here are some site I've found to help me through the project... Again, Thank you pinterest!




NOW to get started! I will update with my progress!

11/1/12: Well, What a Project!! Still working on completing this one! WHOA! I will say taking the chair a part was way harder than getting it back together! All that it lacks is welting around the bottom, the bottom fabric (just a black covering), and the cushion! ... Then one more...

No comments:

Post a Comment