Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Ruffles and Bows have begun!




We are SO excited to welcome a little girl to the family! I am a pretty "girly girl" and LOVE all of the pretty things they have out there for little girls! I have already started shopping for her, but am TRYING to be sort of careful because a lot of the stuff I bought for Jacob before he was born didn't fit at the right times...RUNT! ;) I am having a blast with pinterest projects during nap time, and have already completed a few! Here are a few of them!



Barefoot Sandals... Look Cuter in Person! I hope they fit!
Followed this tutorial ... http://1plus1equals9.wordpress.com/2012/09/09/diy-project-baby-barefoot-sandals/

Burp cloths... These are my favorites from Jacob
(flour sack bar towels from Wal-Mart) made over with Rit Dye! This is
"petal" pink... a little brighter than I hoped, but still cute! I'm going
to try to find a pale baby pink and do some more!

Pretties burp cloths... (I liked this style for my shoulder, but not for wiping)

Ruffled Bottom Onesie... Turned out cute even though I don't
have a serger (so it will have a slight fray after its washed). Serger
is definitely on my wish list! Here is the tutorial I used...
http://www.u-createcrafts.com/2009/05/ruffle-butt-onesie-tutorial.html
This embellished onesie idea also came off the site above!
 http://icandyhandmade.blogspot.com/2011/04/tutorial-onesie-fun.html#more 

The front of the ruffled bottom onesie... I used another pinterest find!
This one is a fabric flower tutorial... I added the rhinestone button
for a little pizzaz!
This the tutorial for the fabric flower: http://icandyhandmade.blogspot.com/2011/04/tutorial-onesie-fun.html#more

I LOVE how this gown turned out, and it was SUPER easy!
I just took some leftover scraps from a burp cloth projects and cut off
the bottom of one of Jacob's old under shirts! 

This is my current project... Eeee! Its gonna be a tough one! Re-covering Jacob's old
car seat! Luckily I got most of the fabric on sale 80% off at Hancocks, so if it's a total flop oh well!
 Yes! I have been busy! The pink chenille I found 80% off at Hancock's was a steal! So, I bought plenty of that! (And, it is the greatest shade of pink too!) I have plans to make a changing pad cover out of that! I am also planning on making a hair bow holder in the near future too! Too bad Jacob doesn't sleep all the time anymore! I really cherish my time at home with him right now, but I also love my time to un-wind with my craft projects!


I am also having LOTS of fun designing her room! I really do love some pretty frilly stuff and Jason hates it! So, we are trying to work it out so that we both love her room! Jacob's room has some really pretty things about it that make it perfect for a baby girl (a little nook with a beautiful oval window, a big window, and a BIG walk-in closet)! I feel a little bad for evicting Jacob, but we are going to make him a REALLY cool big boy airplane room.

Here are a couple of ideas for Baby Girl's Room! (Yes, still baby girl -- Jason and I believe her name is SO important and are waiting for the right one to stand out!)

We are going to put her crib in front of some big windows like this!
I am also leaning towards an antique white iron crib made by Bratt Decor.
This is a very similar crib to the one I LOVE, and a similar wall color to the primary
color we are thinking of going with! (I am going to paint the beautiful nook with
the oval window a shade of very pale pink!)

Here's one of the style ideas I have for Jacob's big boy room - the crib and
+ a big boy bed! (We will be converting his crib to a full size bed here soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment