Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Easter Decorating

With Jacob's first Easter coming up, and family coming in for Jacob's dedication I wanted the house to look extra special for Easter! I had a few days off so I decided to try a few things I saw on pinterest. Here is what I came up with! I appliqued some hand towels using heat bond to iron and the satin stitch on my sewing machine. Not bad ... the bunny is kind of special though :)

The hand towels I made for the kitchen

Close up of appliqued cross hand towels
 I also painted a burlap piece to hang on my back door. This took a LOT of paint and took a LOT more time than I thought!  But, it turned out cute! If you try this one, make sure you buy the large can of paint! The burlap just soaks up the paint! When I finished, I sprayed it with a gloss finish.



I also painted a burlap piece for my flower pot to decorate the outside of the house. 

In the painting process...
The finished product
I also made a wreath using the deco mesh from hobby lobby and a wire wreath form.  I found some "fluff" to add to the wreath in the floral section at Hobby Lobby along with the already painted and glittered C. I used 1 roll of deco mesh and circled the form twice with the green deco mesh then I weaved in the aqua mesh.


My wreath on my front door

The front door with all my stuff :)
From the curb... Had to add some fluff to the mail box





No comments:

Post a Comment