Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

25 Weeks 2 Days

Things here are starting to settle down. Jason is feeling much better, and he is back to normal after the accident. All the time off from flying has been needed, and he has been taken advantage of it spending long hours at the business to get that off the ground. We had a big scare last week with the weather here in Memphis. We have had a lot of rain, and the Mississippi River is cresting at record heights! The business is located off the Wolf River which feeds the Mississippi and it is also at record levels. The news issued a flood warning for our house and the business but so far everything is dry! We have everything at the shop ready to go in case the Wolf River floods...It is expected to crest May 10th. So for now, it is time to watch and wait! 

Jason, Justin, and I have been at the shop working nearly every day that we are available. The boys have ordered most of the products, and are preparing equipment to complete the guns when the parts arrive. We are still a few weeks out before we have products ready to sell, and everyone is getting a little antsy. I have been working hard on designing the website and setting that up to accept payments and calculate shipping. I have also been working on some graphic design stuff to make pictures of products for the website. It is a big job, and I have lots to learn with all of this technology. Hopefully, we will have the website complete in the next few weeks for everyone to check out!

Things with the baby are still going great! I am feeling great, and LOVE feeling the baby move. He is definitely getting bigger, and now you can see my entire stomach move when he gets moving. Last night he must have been having a dance party or something! Throughout the pregnancy, I have not experienced any nausea or morning sickness so the other evening on my way to work I was caught off guard! I am now working nights 7pm-7am, and I like to get dinner before I go into work. I had stopped at Sonic to get some dinner, and I was eating in the car.... You know what's coming :)... Yes, I lost my dinner all over me and all over the car... YUCK! I had to turn around, go home change, and clean the car! Blah! Well, I guess I am lucky that this has been the only incident, but it was not fun and made me 7 minutes late for work... 

I cannot believe how quickly this pregnancy is going by... Jason and I are behind on getting everything prepared for his arrival. We have showers planned in Memphis (June 3rd) and in Oklahoma City (June 11th)... I am hoping to have everything done... all the registering, ordering, and a NAME by the middle of the month. I also want to have the baby's room painted before the furniture arrives. We have ordered a rocker, ottoman, the crib, and dresser and they should all be here in the next month or two. Here is an update on the bump...



 Baby's Development this week:

During the 25th week of pregnancy, your baby uses his tiny developing hands to learn about herself and her environment. Here's what else is going on:
 This week, your baby weighs about a pound and a half, and is about the length of a small cantaloupe. 
 Reach for the stars! When you're 25 weeks pregnant, your baby's hands are fully developed. She even can make a fist.
 The nerve connections in her hands continue to develop.

Your baby is filling out more every week, with fat plumping up that wrinkly skin now. The baby is approximately 13" long and around 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 pounds. It's possible that the baby's hair color and texture might be apparent now, although many still have white hair due to no pigment yet. The spine is getting more developed, with joints, ligaments and rings. The blood vessels of the lung continue to mature. The nerves around the mouth and lips have more sensitivity, which aids in the rooting reflex necessary for eating. Also the swallowing reflex is becoming stronger. The baby can grasp things in his or her palm now, although the only thing available now is the umbilical cord. Baby has probably begun to settle into a proper position for birth, but don't worry if yours has still not gotten head-down. Some take a little longer to make the journey. There is still plenty of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment