Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

21 Weeks

These last couple of weeks have been pretty uneventful on the baby front. Jason has been very busy with his new business, Patriot Defense Arms, and has been using all of his days off from flying at his shop working on getting the business off the ground. They are expecting there first shipments of parts for their guns from the machine shop in the next couple of weeks. They will have their own line of guns to sell very soon! Jason just flew his first trip since the displacement. His base was moved to Atlanta, and they changed him to a different airplane. It is a little bit bigger, and seats 76 passengers. They fly a little bit longer trips and have a first class cabin. On his first trip, he flew to Cozumel, Mexico! He said he really likes the airplane, but is afraid commuting to Atlanta is going to be difficult. But hopefully he will not have to commute for long! He has turned in his application for a position in the pilot training department as well as a "line pilot" position at FedEx. He his very anxious about getting an interview, and unsure about which position will be best for our family. We have been praying that God will open the right doors, and provide the right position at the right time. For me, I just finished my last day of orientation in the ICU, and I will now be working on my own on the night shift starting next week. This is exciting and scary at the same time. I will be working from 7 pm to 7 am 3 nights per week. I hope I adjust to the sleeping schedule quickly!

As for Baby Craig... He is still NAMELESS! Jason and I both think that this is such a big decision, and do not want to make the wrong one. I still really like Harrison, but Jason really doesn't. I would really like to give him a name from somewhere in our family tree! I have been looking on my side, but I need some ideas from Jason's side (back several generations). It seems like our great grandparents generation have a lot of great names that are coming back into fashion. So... the search continues!

I have started shopping for baby stuff like car seats and strollers, and I think I have made some decisions on that. I also have bought a few outfits for him! I found the cutest little smocked Easter Jon-Jon for next year! Hopefully, Jason's schedule will slow down soon so we can start registering for stuff soon. I know it is early but the books say to start registering by the 6 month before you start getting too big, uncomfortable, and tired. I have been reading lots of books on pregnancy, nursing, and parenting. I would really like to get some books on raising boys, and some kids bible stories to read him when he is little. 

Baby Craig's Development This Week 
Baby's measurements once were crown to rump, now they are measured crown to heel. Baby's eyelids are now formed, but eyes are still closed. The leukocytes, or white blood cells are being produced, and will help fight off infections and disease. The tongue is developed and often baby will be practicing moving it about. Swallowing has increased, helping to prepare the system for digestion. Baby's sleep schedule is being set, by your hours as well as taking cues from light and sounds. Baby now measures around 9" to 10" in length and weighs is about 12 ounces. 

I took a new belly picture this morning. I am still wearing my regular ( fat :) )  jeans and clothes, but I can see growth in my belly every day. I am having MAJOR trouble fitting into my church clothes, and cannot wear any of my two piece church outfits. I am going to have to buy a few dresses for church soon and something for Easter of course soon! Also, I am looking forward to D'Andre coming to Memphis next week to help with me decorate and shop for baby stuff! 


No comments:

Post a Comment